Anthony Jenkins schreef op 2018-12-10 18:00:

Hi all,

I'm trying to port an Intel PCI I2C controller from Linux to FreeBSD. Linux represents this device as an MFD (multi-function device), meaning it has these "sub-devices" that can be handed off to other drivers to actually attach devices to the system. The Linux "super" PCI device is the intel-lpss-pci.c, and the "sub" device is i2c-designware-platdrv.c, which represents the DesignWare driver's "platform" attachment to the Linux system. FreeBSD also has a DesignWare I2C controller driver, ig4(4), but it only has PCI and ACPI bus attachment implementations.

Might this also be relevant for i2c-hid devices, like some touchpads (Elantech for example)?

Cheers,
Emiel