O. Hartmann <ohartm...@walstatt.org> wrote:
> delete-old|-libs afterwards, I started again a build (filemon loaded!). And,
> surprise,
> surprise, compilation of all the long-haul taking LLVM/CLANG stuff starts
> again! That is
> not funny.

If you have META_MODE enabled -dM will tell you if meta_oodate
decided the target needs update - and if so exactly why.
Eg. a command changed, a file is updated, missing etc.

If it says nothing, then the target was out-of-date per normal make
rules.

> Why do I have to rebuild world twice to get WITH_META_MODE in effect?

I don't follow; why do you think that is the case?

> These setting dind't change over the past time, except some WITHOUT_ tags.
>
> Are there any unrevealed secrets?

If changing any of those knobs impacts CFLAGS etc - then pretty much
everything will be out-of-date.

Adding -dM to your build command should be very instructive.