> 12.05.2019 8:21, Warner Losh wrote:
>
> >     >> I've posted a review to remove obsolete 10 and 10/100 Ethernet
> > drivers
> >     >> as previous approved in FCP-101.
> >     >> The following drivers are slated for
> >     >> removal from FreeBSD-HEAD (to be FreeBSD-13):
> >     >> ae, bm, cs, de, ed, ep, ex, fe, pcn, sf, sn, tl, tx, txp, vx, wb, xe
> >     > OMG ! ed ! That EOL's loads of PC boxes I have (& a show box of
> >     > spare)  that will never be able to upgrade.
> >     Do those boxes have 10M-only or 100Mbps variants of ed(4)?
> >     What kind of hardware do they have (CPU and memory-wise)?
> >
> > There are no 100M ed variants. There are some PC Card variants that have
> > 100M MII connections, but they are limited to about 12Mbps due to bus
> > limits. Even the PCI ones didn't have 100M mii connections.
>
> There was RTL8029AS "NE2000-compatible" 100M 32 bit PCI 2.1 adapter.
> Not sure if ed(4) supports RTL8029AS.

That is what I was hunting for, but I can not seem to
locate a data sheet on that.

I also thought there was a 100mb version of the DP83905,
but can not seem to locate any data thier either.

Given this lack of findable data I shall continue to support
the ed removal, unless Julian comes up with the needed criteria,
and with holding my own fact that I do have a pile of these
around, but they are not in use and are only retained for
testing and resurection of ancient things.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgri...@freebsd.org