Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> Thanks for the reply - it seems indeed to be a strange problem. In the mean-
> time i found out that the pcvt probe routine was never called until i added
> something like DEVMETHOD(device_identify, pcvt_identify) to the device
> methods structure.

It didn't? Please, interrupt loader(8) and type "show", and verify that
hint.vt.0.at="isa" is present. If not... Either it is somehow missing
from /boot/device.hints (it shouldn't -- GENERIC.hints does have it), or
you don't have the default /boot/loader.rc & cia.

> But the effect is the same, it still panics after
>
> atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0

Did you add options USERCONFIG to see if that helps?

> Any hints from the more "hints-knowledged" would be highly appreciated .. ;-)

Well, I'm definitely not the people to ask for help. That's why I'm
cc'ing Peter on this, though. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                <jkh> _DES: The Book of Bruce has only one sentence in it, and it says
"the actual directives of my cult are left as an exercise for the
reader. Good luck."
                <EE> jkh: does it really include the 'good luck' part?
                <jkh> EE: OK, I made that part up.
                <jkh> EE: I figured it should sound a bit more cheery than how Bruce
initially dictated it to me.