In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Trevor Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Personally, I use the separate collections because cvsup times out
> otherwise (I guess my connection is too slow).

A slow network won't cause this.  There must be some other problem.
The cvsupd server times out a connection only if it has had no network
traffic for 15 minutes.  Even 1 byte every 15 minutes will keep it
from timing out.

Also, assuming you're grabbing the whole src tree, using separate
collections instead of src-all doesn't decrease the network traffic.
In fact, it increases the traffic slightly.  I should also mention
that using separate collections loads the servers more than using
src-all.

Really if you want to sync with the whole src tree, using src-all is
the best in every way.

John
--
  John Polstra                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]