On 6/17/20 2:11 PM, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

Does freeBSD have any way to access these "Virtual Disk"
or Virtual CD images once we leave the world of the loader?
I believe we do not, as these are BIOS/UEFI devices that
require calls into the UEFI code, which, IIRC is gone
once we exit the loader and start the kernel proper,
or shortly there after.

As far as I know these devices well not be found by the FreeBSD
cam layer ATA or AHCI drivers as they do not present an actual
PCI device to find.

I just tried it on my Supermicro server and you're right, it doesn't show up under FreeBSD. I'm not sure if there's a way to access them via UEFI Runtime Services or if it's designed purely as a boot-time thing.

--
Rebecca Cran