On 7/11/20 6:55 AM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

However, when I load i915kms from -devel
the console stops refreshing. It only refreshes when I switch
(Ctrl+alt+Fx). I see it refresh and display the new content just before
switching to the requested console.
  add hw.i915kms.enable_psr=0 to /boot/loader.conf
  This is a bug that none of my hardware have and I don't really know
what's happening for now.

Thanks, setting that fixed the problem!

ah thanks for asking this question Andreas (and the pointer Manu)! I've had this issue for a while but have been just blindly typing my login and xinit wrapper.

interestingly enough, I've found if I start then exit Xorg the console starts updating again.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
p...@nomadlogic.org