Van: Rick Macklem <rmack...@uoguelph.ca>
Datum: dinsdag, 1 september 2020 04:37
Aan: "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Onderwerp: should rpctlssd be called rpc.tlssd?

This sounds trivial, but I thought I'd ask, in case anyone
has a preference?

The NFS over TLS code includes two daemons, one for
the client and one for the server.
I have called them rpctlscd and rpctlssd.

There was/is a tradition in Sun RPC of putting a "." in
the names.
So, should I be calling these daemons:
rpc.tlscd and rpc.tlssd?

I don't have an opinion about the rpc* vs rpc.* tradition.
But what I do not understand is why the difference between 2 daemons is only
reflected in 1 character of their names. The rest of the name is actually not
really significant in keeping them apart.

Regards and happy hacking,
Ronald.

Thanks, rick