On 28 Sep 2020, at 16:44, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

Quoting Kristof Provost <k...@freebsd.org> (from Mon, 28 Sep 2020 13:53:16 +0200):

On 28 Sep 2020, at 12:45, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
Quoting Kristof Provost <k...@freebsd.org> (from Sun, 27 Sep 2020 17:51:32 +0200):
Here’s an early version of a task queue based approach: http://people.freebsd.org/~kp/0001-bridge-Cope-with-if_ioctl-s-that-sleep.patch

That still needs to be cleaned up, but this should resolve the sleep issue and the LOR.

There are some issues... seems like inside a jail I can't ping systems outside of the hardware.

Bridge setup:
   - member jail A
   - member jail B
   - member external_if of host

If I ping the router from the host, it works. If I ping from one jail to another, it works. If I ping from the jail to the IP of the external_if, it works. If I ping from a jail to the router, I do not get a response.

Can you check for 'failed ifpromisc' error messages in dmesg? And verify that all bridge member interfaces are in promiscuous mode?

I have a panic for you...:
- startup still in progress = 22 jails in startup, somewhere after a few jails started the panic happened
 - tcpdump was running on the external interface
- a ping to a jail IP from another system was running, the first ping went through, then it paniced

First regarding your questions about promisc mode: no error, but the promisc mode is directly disabled again on all interfaces.

I think I see why you had issues with the promiscuous setting. I’ve updated the patch to be even more horrific than it was before.

I can’t explain the panic, and the backtrace also doesn’t appear to be directly related to this patch. Not sure what’s going on with that.

Krsitof