On 01.12.2020 11:08, Scott Long wrote:
> I have a work-in-progress to support Thunderbolt, but that’s not always the
> same as just DisplayPort-over-USBC.  If your connector has the Thunderbolt
> logo, then it’s Thunderbolt, if it has the DP logo then it’s not.  Even then,
> the Thunderbolt component only controls enable/disable permissions and
> bandwidth partitioning.  The graphics chip and DRM code does the rest of the
> work, and it sounds like the problems here are with those components.

T495 has AMD Ryzen silicon, and AMD never associated Thunderbolt with
its Ryzen platforms. The dock connector is just a USB-C.

On dock removal, the devd events (system DRM, type HOTPLUG) are
correctly generated and received by libudev-devd, but then for some
reason UD_ACTION_HOTPLUG is not causing the X server to re-scan drm
connectors and to re-configure them.

Will dig further into the issue as I feel it should be easy to solve.

> Scott

Ali