On 2021-02-03 16:46, Thomas Laus wrote:

On 2/3/21 8:07 AM, Michael Gmelin wrote:

There was a problem with xorg-server which made it build without udev
on 14.

Try reinstalling xorg-server from ports (something like: portsnap
fetch extract; cd /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server && make clean
reinstall clean)

That also did not work for me.  I tried with both a PS2 and a USB mouse
and neither worked with the latest port version of xorg-server.  I made
sure that sysctl 'kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=6' was set according to the
package-message.  Should I update my source to the latest?  I try to
only make one change at a time when looking into a problem.  My system
is still at 38bfc6dee33 but I have the time to rebuild everything today
with the latest xorg-server port.

Tom

I think also xf86-input-synaptics was affeced by the same issue.
In any case, kern.evdev.rcpt_mask should not need any changes on FreeBSD 12.1 or later, the defaults have been updated there. Unless you are using a serial mouse.

Can you provide an Xorg.log from the faulty system?
Regards
--
Niclas