On 5/1/21 12:42 PM, Chargen wrote:
Dear all

please note that I hope this message will be discussed to get this on the
roadmap for FreeBSD. Perhaps there is already talk about &&  work done on
that.
I would like to suggest having a BSD side for Microsoft FOSS ambitions and
get to know the BSD license. I hope the tech people here, know which nuts
and bolts would be ready to boot a *BSD subsystem kernel and make that
available on Windows 10 installations.

I believe most of the effort make this happen lies with Microsoft - it is their product after all.

WSL under the covers is Hyper-V which supports FreeBSD pretty well. I believe most of the work would be on the Windows side to get the plumbing in place to spin up a FreeBSD VM.  There are open discussions on the WSL github system where people have asked for this but it has not gained much traction by Microsoft.

-p

--
Pete Wright
p...@nomadlogic.org