On 11/19/21 4:29 AM, tue...@freebsd.org wrote:
On 19. Nov 2021, at 00:11, Mark Millard <mark...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On 2021-Nov-18, at 12:31, tue...@freebsd.org <tue...@freebsd.org> wrote:

On 17. Nov 2021, at 21:13, Mark Millard via freebsd-current
<freebsd-current@freebsd.org> wrote:

I've not noticed the ertt message before in:

. . .
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread `bufspacedaemon-1' to stop... done
All buffers synced.
Uptime: 1d9h57m18s
Khelp module "ertt" can't unload until its refcount drops from 1 to 0.
Hi Mark,

what kernel configuration are you using? What kernel modules are loaded?

The shutdown was of my ZFS boot media but the machine is
currently doing builds on the UFS media. (The ZFS media is
present but not mounted). For now I provide information
from the booted UFS system. The UFS context is intended
to be nearly a copy of the brctl selection for main [so: 14]
from the ZFS media. Both systems have been doing the same
poudriere builds for various comparison/contrast purposes.
The current build activity will likely take 16+ hrs.
Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for the information. I was contemplating whether this message
was related to a recent change in the TCP congestion module handling, but
since it was already there in February, this is not the case. Will try to
reproduce this, but wasn't able up to now.

The congestion control changes just probably exacerbated the bug by
adding a new reference on this module, just as they exposed the bug
with khelp using the wrong SYSINIT subsystem.

--
John Baldwin