On 4/22/22 23:31, tech-lists wrote:
Hi,

Attempting to install from: FreeBSD-14.0-CURRENT-amd64-20220421-b91a48693a5-254961-memstick.img

to brand-new hardware, the installer failed at the stage after where one
selects partition schema (so, GPT in this case) and UFS filesystem
with an error like (sorry to be paraphrasing this from memory as the hardware is no longer available)

"autopart failed -5"

I thought it might be down to it being a nvme stick. The hardware
in question is Crucial;CT1000P5PSSD8 1TB. Is this a known issue
with nvme? On that machine, this was the only "disk". Can
nvme be used as the primary disk on FreeBSD?

Thank you for the report,

Reading "autopart failed -5", probably you chose "Auto UFS Guided Disk",

I found a problem with Auto Partitioning in CURRENT.
This should solve: <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D35033>.

However, to be sure, you could reinstall choosing "Manual" Partitioning
to understand if the cause is "nvme" or "bsdinstall".

Alfonso