On 5/29/22 11:16, Mark Millard wrote:

FYI, the combination:

vm.pageout_oom_seq=120 # in /boot/loader.conf
vm.swap_enabled=0      # in /etc/sysctl.conf
vm.swap_idle_enabled=0 # in /etc/sysctl.conf

still has not caused me any additional problems
and helps avoid loss of access by avoiding the
relevant interaction-processes from having their
kernel stacks swapped out. (Not that the effect
of vm.swap_enabled=0 is limited to
interaction-processes.)

So, the combination is now part of the
configuration of each FreeBSD that I use.

awesome thanks Mark!  i appreciate your feedback and input, i've certainly learned quite a bit as well which is awesome.

i'm going to revert the diff as well when i kick off my weekly rebuild now.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
p...@nomadlogic.org