On 22. 6. 13., Jung-uk Kim wrote:
On 22. 6. 13., Masachika ISHIZUKA wrote:
What do you think opening a review about this fix/tweak to stop this
spamming that blinds dmesg?

I'm running CURRENT 8d95f500521 and I'm receiving loads of dmesg
warnings:
---
ACPI Warning: Firmware issue: Excessive sleep time (0x0000000000000010
ms >
10 ms) in ACPI Control Method (20220331/exsystem-347)
---
Is there a way to silence it?

   I think this spam message is from linux.
   So, I think we should discuss on linux forum but I don't familier
to linux.

FYI, both FreeBSD and Linux use ACPICA to implement ACPI.

https://acpica.org

This message was added by this commit:

https://github.com/acpica/acpica/commit/2a0d1d475e7ea1c815bee1e0692d81db9a7c909c

You can file your complaints here if it is really bothering you.

https://github.com/acpica/acpica/issues

BTW, it seems it was discussed on Linux ML.

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/cajz5v0gwyz_bsonhlgt7l4wpqvxlvyobppte1nx6ponsgn4...@mail.gmail.com/T/#mae6a816bbcebb01dea9e5c19c81e9be872cad521

I am not sure what happened after that.

I found the author actually filed a pull request to revert the commit.

https://github.com/acpica/acpica/pull/780

Jung-uk Kim