In message <CANCZdfoSqNsTP=rbo-4RuSuCBujhMFWTH_eYu+29sTk2ep42NQ@mail.gmail.c
om>
, Warner Losh writes:
> --00000000000065ac9c05ea048b2a
>
> On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 9:06 PM Larry Rosenman <l...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On 10/01/2022 10:04 pm, Warner Losh wrote:
> >
> > Do  you have a /boot tarball that can be loaded in a VM that recreates th=
> > problem (along with a clean hash)?
> >
> > But before you try that, have you tried a completely clean rebuild of the
> > kernel to preclude the possibility that something is somehow cross thread=
> ed?
> >
> > Warner
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 8:39 PM Larry Rosenman <l...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >

> > =E2=9D=AF more info.11
> > Dump header from device: /dev/mfid0p3
> >    Architecture: amd64
> >    Architecture Version: 2
> >    Dump Length: 126748815
> >    Blocksize: 512
> >    Compression: zstd
> >    Dumptime: 2022-10-01 21:26:40 -0500
> >    Hostname:
> >    Magic: FreeBSD Kernel Dump
> >    Version String: FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT #168
> > ler/freebsd-main-changes-n258354-6cdd871ebc4: Sat Oct  1 21:13:01 CDT
> > 2022
> >      r...@borg.lerctr.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/LER-MINIMAL
> >    Panic String: page fault
> >    Dump Parity: 501115454
> >    Bounds: 11
> >    Dump Status: good
> >
> > I do have source and debug stuff, BUT kgdb croaks on me.
> >
> > I *CAN* give access to the machine.
> >
> > the console backtrace showed something about the kld load of
> > dependencies.
> >

> > --
> > Larry Rosenman                     http://people.freebsd.org/~ler
> > Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@freebsd.org
> > US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106
> >
> > let me wipe /usr/obj, and rebuild everything (I *DO* use meta-mode).
> >

> I've had fewer problems with it than non-meta mode, but this looks like a
> 'corruption' or 'cross threaded' crash I've chased in the past that went
> away with a rebuild. So it's better to be sure...

I think so too. What may appear to be a gratuitous rebuild of llvm, for
example, is in fact meta mode rebuilding because of some makefile change.
Without meta mode I've experienced odd weirdnesses that are fixed through a
subsequent clean build.

I just started using meta mode again this week after a few years hiatus to
see if it addresses the occasional weird behaviour due to something not
being rebuilt when it should have been.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <cy.schub...@cschubert.com>