On 28/05/23 18:22, Warner Losh wrote:

On Sun, May 28, 2023, 9:20 AM Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net <mailto:m...@madpilot.net>> wrote:

    On 28/05/23 16:41, Warner Losh wrote:
     > Sill questions.  Did you update only some of your packages? You
    really
     > need to update them all at the same time to have them be compatible.
     > Some projects have a fast moving abi they don't keep compatible
    very well.

    I'm running FreeBSD head here, using pkgbase. I upgraded a few base
    packages (I create them with poudriere).

    I also updated the ports tree and updated other ports using the
    resulting binaries (also created with poudriere)

    The pkgs that were updated when xfwm4 stopped working were listed in my
    first post [1].

So not all of the non pkg base packages? Have you tried updating them all? Or you did update them all and the list of what updated was in the post? I read it when first posted and again now and am unsure which it is...

It may well be something broke... but I'm just wanting to be double sure it's against a consistent package set. If something broke, then I can't help.

I see, I did not understand what you meant at first.

What I posted was the result of a simple "pkg upgrade", which is what I usually do to update the machine, and usually works quite fine.

I have not tested forcing all packages reinstallation ("pkg upgrade -f" if I get it correctly).

That is something I was already planning to do. Will report back tomorrow for that.

--
Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>