On 5/30/23 05:19, Stephan Lichtenauer wrote:

But, once i get the linux DTB for this guy into a disk image i'm going to see if i can get the display up next, but would love to hear any input or pointers from folks with more ARM porting experience than me.

I am probably telling you something you already know, but afaik the Pinephone Pro uses the Rockchip RK3399 which according to the datasheet (https://opensource.rock-chips.com/images/d/d7/Rockchip_RK3399_Datasheet_V2.1-20200323.pdf page 16, 1.2.9 Graphics Engine) contains a Mali GPU.

That means Ruslan Bukin's Panfrost article in the FreeBSD Journal Jul/Aug 2021 at https://freebsdfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/The-Panfrost-Driver.pdf might be interesting regarding graphics.

Looking forward to your updates!

Oh sweet - I wasn't aware of that thanks for the pointer!  I'm hoping to have some cycles to hack on this this week and will post updates or if I'm feeling ambitious (and not burnt out from day job) will create a wiki page for this device.

cheers!
-pete

--
Pete Wright