On 6/8/23 05:48, Warner Losh wrote:

On Thu, Jun 8, 2023, 4:35 AM Rebecca Cran <rebe...@bsdio.com> wrote:

    It's ZFS, using the default options when creating it via the FreeBSD
    installer so I presume TRIM is enabled. Without a reliable way to
    reproduce the error I'm not sure disabling TRIM will help at the
    moment.

    I don't think there's any newer firmware for it.

pci gen 4 has a highter error rate so that needs to be managed with retries.  There's a whole protocol to do that which linux implements. I suspect the time has come for us to do so too. There's some code floating around I'll have to track down.

Thanks. I dropped the configuration down to PCIe gen 3 and the errors have so far gone away.

nda0: nvme version 1.3 x8 (max x8) lanes PCIe Gen3 (max Gen4) link
nda1: nvme version 1.3 x4 (max x4) lanes PCIe Gen3 (max Gen4) link

--
Rebecca Cran