> On Aug 23, 2023, at 1:06 AM, Warner Losh <i...@bsdimp.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 9:42 AM Zhenlei Huang <z...@freebsd.org
> <mailto:z...@freebsd.org>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The https://www.freebsd.org/releases/14.0R/schedule/
> <https://www.freebsd.org/releases/14.0R/schedule/> says CURRENT/14 's KBI is
> froze
> and new features should be avoided.
>
> I'm working on https://reviews.freebsd.org/D39638
> <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D39638> (sysctl(9): Enable vnet sysctl variables
> be loader tunable)
> and I think it is new feature, but not quite sure whether the KBI changed.
>
> So,
>
> 1. Is it a KBI change ?
>
> IMHO, It's a KPI change, not a KBI breakage. So from that perspective, it's
> OK.

Thanks for the explanation !

> 2. It is a simple change ( while so far as I know currently only tested by
> myself on x86 and qemu riscv ), can
> it catch up with 14 ?
>
> That I'm less sure of. I think it's good, but I'm gun shy about approving /
> committing vnet things. The review suggests,
> though, there's at least some consensus for having this in the tree.

I always hesitate to PING someone to review ;)

Well I'm going to prepare to commit some of the stack, D41525, D39638, D39852,
D39866, if no objections.

As for D40127, I have mixed filling about it. It might be too complex (for a
simple function).
I wonder if we can have per-vnet `loader tunnable` to archive the same goal.

Best regards,
Zhenlei