On 10/13/23 6:24 AM, Warner Losh wrote:

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023, 10:53 PM Pete Wright <p...@nomadlogic.org <mailto:p...@nomadlogic.org>> wrote:

    On 10/12/23 8:45 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
     > What version is that kernel?

    oh dang i sent this to the wrong list, i'm not running current.  the
    hypervisor and vm are both 13.2 and my workstation is a recent 14.0
    pre-release build.  i'll do more homework tomorrow and post to
    questions
    or a more appropriate list.

Are the messages from the VM? Stable/14 should have the important nvme changes I've made lately. The bhyve in 13.2 is lacking a number of nvme fixes that have gone into current and stable/14. It's hard to say where the fault is coming from.

the messages i posted in the start of the thread are from the VM itself (13.2-RELEASE). The zpool on the hypervisor (13.2-RELEASE) showed no such issues.

Based on your comment about the improvements in 14 I'll focus my efforts on my workstation, it seemed to happen regularly so hopefully i can find a repo case.

thanks warner!
-pete

--
Pete Wright