On Mon, 20 Nov 2023, Mitchell Horne wrote:

Hi Mitchell,

On 11/16/23 18:21, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
Hi,

I seem to remember changes related to that a while ago but my cache
is miss for the actual change.  Are we suppoed to handle this case?

It would be nice if "reset" would reset again the first time ...

Hi Bjoern,

This is still my fault, I am sorry to say. If you recall, I proposed a fix after your initial report (back in February!), see

now that you say I do.  I thought we had this all sorted.  Cache miss, miss.
Maybe I had a local patch and hadn't seen it for a while because of that.
I likely dropped the ball on review and testing feedback.

I posted what I believe to be the better fix just now, see https://reviews.freebsd.org/D42684. I will commit this ASAP along with some other tweaks to shutdown hooks which should (loaded word) eliminate this type of recursive panic during debugger reset. At least, that is the goal of the series :)

I apologize for the delay on this, my ability to finish some of the work I've started has been spotty this year.

Oh, no worries; I've been way worse this year.  Thank you for stepping up
working on this and the fixes.  It is much appreciated!

Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7