On Fri, 24 May 2024 at 11:28, Matteo Riondato <mat...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > In lib/libc/rpc/Symbol.map there is:
> >
> >        /* From yp_xdr.c (generated by rpcgen - include/rpcsvc/yp.x) */
> >        xdr_domainname;
> >        xdr_keydat;
> >
> > so maybe the rpcgen step went wrong somehow? Do you have WITHOUT_NIS
> > enabled?
>
> Yes, I do have WITHOUT_NIS=y in src.conf

peterj reported this in PR279270 as well and I've opened a review in
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D45347 to move these symbols to
lib/libc/yp/Symbol.map. Can you give that a try?

I originally proposed augmenting Version.map generation to pass CFLAGS
to CPP in D45346 and adding #ifdef YP in D45345, before finding Peter
PR and discovering that lib/libc/yp/Symbol.map already exists.