On Sat, Jul 13, 2024 at 7:40 PM Alastair Hogge <a...@riseup.net> wrote:

> On 2024-07-14 09:54, Ivan Quitschal wrote:
> > One idea
> > Cant say it that would help , but ive checked here and 2 things are working
> >
> > mount command
> > usb is all good
> >
> > and the filesystem is fine too.
> > So does anybody knows where I could literally get the entire 15-CURRENT
> > containing the entire /usr/src in tar.gz or something?
>
> Will this help:
> https://download.freebsd.org/snapshots/amd64/15.0-CURRENT/
>
> I am sure I have done the same in the past. I recall going down the same
> path as you now, to restore the system.
>
> > I could download it from one machine here and stick it and mount in my
> > messed up freebsd .
> > and I just checked that tar command still uses libcrypto and would work,
> > unless I untar it already  inside the pendrive and let it ready for copying
> > over my actual corrupt  /usr/src
> >
> > of could someone just please send me I don't know those two libs and ill
> > see what happens?
> > Are they
> >
> > libcrypto.so.111
> > libssl.so.111 (git is only complaining about it when I try to fetch pull
> > (connection and stuff, so who knows)
You can also find binaries in tarballs for whatever version you were
running before you cleared out the libraries
in the download area. (I use anonymous ftp, but I assume that
download.freebsd.org has the same stuff).
I think the libraries that end in .111 are for OpenSSL1.1.1, which was
replaced by OpenSSL3.0 for FreeBSD14.

rick