On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 04:00:15PM -0400, Donn Miller wrote:
> Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 01:08:49PM -0400, Donn Miller wrote:
> > > Thanks for finally solving the PCM interrupts problem.
>
> > Sounds promising.. Will it also solve the identical problem the ESS1371
> > PCI has?
>
> I just did a re-cvsup this morning, and this is the first time in a
> long while that I've noticed the problems were fixed.  How long ago
> did you build your kernel?

I now run a 4.1-stable kernel based on yesterday evening's sources.
Question is of course if the fix put in current is completely in
-stable too. I'll have to check that.

But in any case: the problem is still there.

> Aug  9 15:42:16  /kernel: pcm0: hwptr went backwards 2116 -> 1140
> Aug  9 15:43:41  /kernel: pcm0: hwptr went backwards 184 -> 20
>
> But, maybe these debugging messages were recently added to channel.c.
> I know the problem was in channel.c.  Otherwise, mp3's play OK now.

Don't see those.

--
Wilko Bulte                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                        Arnhem, the Netherlands