At 7:36 PM +0000 2000/8/28, Alex Zepeda wrote:

>                         Perhaps in a rush to get started, I've compiled and
>  been using a SMP kernel even before the second processor arrives.  This
>  has worked fine, however I've gotten some rather weird hangs and crashes
>  resulting in a nice lost+found directory on the usr fs.

        Personally, I'm astonished that an SMP kernel will actually boot
and run on a uniprocessor machine.

        Before pointing any fingers at softupdates, etc... I think that
the first thing I'd do on this machine is switch back to using a real
uniprocessor kernel, and then see if I could replicate the problems.

Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium