On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
> > Have you tried accessing them directly, for instance:
> >
> >     ls -l /dev/da0s2e
> >
> > or whatever their names are ?
>
> Sure. They're not there. A reboot still just has da0[c], da1[c], and
> da2[c] show up.

That's more than show up on i386's :-).  After booting with -s, only
the whole disk devices and the root device show up.  Devices for slices
and partitions slices only show up when they are opened or stat'ed.
This bug is normally mostly hidden by opening most partitions to mount
them.

> Remember that there's no such thing as slices in alpha.

I thought that they worked.  They should work if they are configured.

Bruce