On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> <sys/conf.h> should not be included from userland, and if it is
> a proper interface should be designed and used instead.

#ifndef _KERNEL
#error "no user-servicable parts inside"
#endif

I put this in <machine/smp.h>.  It broken vmware2 :-).  (I think vmware
needs APIC stuff but not SMP stuff.  Our headers are too disorganized
to provide the former alone.)

Programs like fstat and lsof probably have a legitimate need for some
things in <sys/conf.h>.  This is a bug in <sys/conf.h>.

Bruce