On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, John Baldwin wrote:

> Most definitely an SMPng issue.  If you take a SMP machine and compile a UP
> and an SMP kernel on it, the SMP kernel will boot fine, whereas the UP kernel
> will generate these warnings.

John,
        not quite, I have an SMP box that I got these warnings on, spent
the better part of the day trying to reproduce them (after the machine
became unresponsive last night)

        the machine is a N440BX Night (Intel) motherboard, with two PII
333's. the board has everything onboard except the disks. the only change
besides building an SMPng kernel was to take out COMPAT_OLDPCI.

        If I can find out more for you I will, however I'm leaving for
vacation at 7:30 AM tomorrow morning.

-Trish

__

Trish Lynch
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rush Networking                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VA Linux Systems                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
O|S|D|N                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---

        Q: Have you guys ever been on Sesame Street as special guests?
        A (from Geddy): No. Much to the dismay of my daughter.
        Q: Would you be on Sesame Street if you were asked?
        A (again from Geddy): G: Yes. How could you turn Sesame Street down?
                                        That borders on criminal.
                -Geddy Lee From Rush, on Rockline.