On Wednesday, 20 September 2000 at  3:10:21 -0400, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>

>> Oh- don't get me wrong. Valuable info. Thanks.
>
> What would be very cool is to feed this into another script which strips
> these unnecesary includes out.  Then do a test build of LINT in your
> local tree and if it succeeds commit a mass removal of them.  The same
> concept could be applied to the greater source tree.

Things aren't that simple.  I've checked some of the vinum ones, and I
find something like:

 #ifdef VINUMDEBUG
 #include <sys/reboot.h>
 #endif

sys/reboot.h has been flagged as unnecessary.  Obviously the #ifdef's
have to do as well--if the script is correct.  There are a number of
options in Vinum which never get as far as the source tree.

Greg
--
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key