Using current cvsup'd the morning of 8/29, I discovered that rpc.statd
doesn't fork on boot up. I don't know if it's in the rpc.statd code, or
in the new version of rc.network I installed with mergemaster.

I've worked around this by adding an ampersand to the boot command in
rc.network.

Is this just something with my system? A new make world with the same
sources didn't solve the problem.

Bob Martin
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.