Bill G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I have been trying to download a current snapshot from
> current.freebsd.org for the past few days without success.
> The error message I receive is 'Login incorrect' - I am
> doing a standard anonymous ftp, as always.  Just wanted
> to make sure someone was aware of the problem, if not
> already.

root@des /home/des# fetch ftp://current.freebsd.org/etc/ftpmotd
scheme:   [ftp]
user:     []
password: []
host:     [current.freebsd.org]
port:     [0]
document: [/etc/ftpmotd]
---> current.freebsd.org:21
<<< 220 usw2.freebsd.org FTP server (Version wu-2.6.0(1) Thu Jul 6 03:57:36 CDT 2000)
ready.
>>> USER ftp
<<< 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
>>> PASS [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<<< 530 Login incorrect.
fetch: ftpmotd: Not logged in

Hmm, weird. JKH, current is your baby, isn't it?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]