"Donald J . Maddox" wrote:

> The standard way of loading a particular module at boot from
> /boot/loader.conf is 'modulename_load="YES"', right?  This
> doesn't seem to be possible with the 3dfx module, however...
> Since it's name starts with a number, it causes a syntax error.

Ugh. Evil stuff. Are environment variables starting with digits allowed
in sh(1)? If so, I'll extend loader's syntax. Otherwise, see below.

> Anybody know how to make this work?

Use two variables to control this. For instance:

threedfx_load="YES"
threedfx_name="3dfx"

The way loader is set up, you put the _name line in
/boot/defaults/loader.conf, so that the user only needs to put the
threedfx_load="YES" line in his config.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        "All right, Lieutenant, let's see what you do know. Whatever it is,
it's not enough, but at least you haven't done anything stupid yet."
        "I've hardly had time, sir."
        "There's a naive statement."