Bosko Milekic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>       I'm more concerned with whether it's actually normal for the process
>   pointer to be NULL in the first place. Is this the case?

One example (which I don't know if that what's happening here) is when
following symbolic links.  namei() calls VOP_READLINK with proc == NULL.

>   And if so, why is nfs_msg() being called with this pointer being
>   passed in in the first place?

Because the code doesn't check?  I thought it was easier to have the
check in nfs_msg, but it's only called in two places so doing the
check there should also work.

/assar