I have made some changes to libcrypt in -current.  The libscrypt/libdescrypt
symlink sillyness is gone and the installed libcrypt is fully functional.

Since pw(8) and passwd(1) create md5 hashed passwords by default (see the
optional entry in loginl.conf), the default algorithm selection mechanisms
are almost irrelevant.  However, some third party programs might be
affected.  It is possible to set the default hash method (md5 or des) - for
crypt(3) calls in the absence of other clues such as a $1$ or the like.
See crypt(3) for details.

This should be a pretty low-impact change, but it might be worth a little
extra care if you have some application that does something strange with
crypt().

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]