Every time I make the thing hangs up. I never had this problem b4 and I think its has something to do with my CPU choice in my config file so here is the million dollar question.

From when is your current -current install? (no pun intended)

I seem to recall people not being able to build anything without hangs not too long ago.

Try installing 4.2 from binary distributions over your -current, and then CVSup and build a brand spanking new -current.

If I have a Celeron 400 which CPU type should I choose
i586 or i686 ????

CPU_I686.... 586 is Pentium, 686 is Pentium Pro, and Pentium II and up (Celeron started with having a P2 core with less cache IIRC)

        DocWilco