Akinori MUSHA wrote:

> > I would object if it is a new variant of regexp. I'd say it ought
> > be between egrep and perl, in its functionality.
>
>   - Perl's regexp is known to be a unique variant that is different
>   from the "basic regexp" nor the "extended regexp" ;P

For that matter, anyone talking about "standard" regexp of any kind I
invite to take a look at the include file for gnu regexp, to see just
how many slightly different variants of regexp there are out there in
various utilities.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        "Too bad sentience isn't a marketable commodity."