On 27-Feb-01 Leif Neland wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, John Baldwin wrote:

>> > I'm building the kernel "the new way", ie cd /usr/src
>> > make buildkernel KERNCONF=<kernelname>
>> >
>> > So the kernel is build in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>> >
>> > I deleted this, which buildkernel does itself, and config'ing it does too,
>> > and as I expected, it didn't make any difference.
>> >
>> > Leif
>>
>> Ok.  It may be that we are overflowing the kernel stack and corrupting the
>> pcb
>> in the process.  One idea atm is to move the pcb off of the stack (since it
>> stores persistent data it's a bad place for it anyways) and to add a red
>> zone
>> at the bottom of the stack to catch overflows.
>>
> Do you really thinks it is something this complicated?
> To me it just sounds like a makefile bug, as going to the pecoff directory
> and typing make gives the same error. But what do I know...

Oh, crossed wires.  I was referring to the 'ltr' panics.  Umm, you should only
get this error if you have a stale .depend file.  Note that config -r doesn't
exist anymore, so it actually doesn't get automatically deleted by config or
buildkernel.  Can you build a kernel the old way?

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/