Brian Somers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I thought only sysv kept non-startup executables in /etc.

There's one real oddity in FreeBSD:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc
:; ll rmt
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel          13 Jan 28 13:42 rmt -> /usr/sbin/rmt*

Plus the rc scripts, dhclient-exit-hooks, pccard_ether, and netstart.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I never wanted to be a weather forecaster -- I wanted to be... a lumberjack!