* Jason R. Mastaler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010314 12:43] wrote:
> I've noticed that lots of the perl ports are now broken since the move
> to perl 5.6.0.  Some examples:
>
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-full/p5-Crypt-IDEA-1.01.log
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-full/p5-Devel-Peek-0.96.log
>
> With these two in particular, the problem can be fixed by compiling
> perl with `-DPERL_POLLUTE' to get back the missing preprocessor
> definitions.  Would it be worth it to compile the default 5.x perl in
> this manner?

No.  I'd rather not keep other people's cruft in our system.  It
will eventually go away, and the longer we keep it as a crutch,
the more people are going to be hurt by it when/if it disappears
completely.

Those people need to fix thier modules. :)

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]]