Andrea Campi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Sorry? In single user with a readonly / and nothing else? I would have to be
> EXTREMELY unlucky to get any other access while the fs is inconsistent ;-)

Just because you dropped to single-user mode (from multi-user, as I
recall from your previous mail) doesn't mean your / is ro. Evn if you
forced it back to read-only mode (using 'mount -ur /'), it may still
have been inconsistent. The only way to get a consistent, read-only
file system is to unmount it completely, then remount it read-only; in
the case of /, this means *rebooting* into single-user mode.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]