:
:What do you think about attached patch?
:
:-Maxim

    mmm.. I think it would just confuse the issue and prevent us from
    being able to change the kernel default trivially.  99.5% of the
    FreeBSD boxes out there are just going to want it to be on by default.
    We could provide a commented-out rc.conf variable and support in rc
    to allow the sysadmin to set it, but we should not provide a default
    in the rc system or try to create yet another configuration file.  The
    issue doesn't require that level of sophistication.

                                                -Matt