On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 20:04:31 +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Sorry for butting in. Adding new non-portable functionality to solve the problem
> > which could be adequitely taken care of using existing and well known
> > techniquies is not appropriate, I completely agree with you on that.
>
> And I'm still waiting to see those well known techniques.

Attached small script should solve this problem and doesn't require
introducing incompatible option in the standard tool.

For example:

find /usr/src -type f | xargs larg cp targetdir

For speed purposes it could be implemented in raw C.

-Maxim

#!/bin/sh

if [ ${#} -le 2 ]; then
        echo "Usage: larg command lastarg arg1 [arg2 ...]"
        exit 0
fi

COMMAND=${1}
LASTARG=${2}