> However, a specific hack to cp(1) is what a lot of people don't like.
> If FreeBSD contained every little hack every committer had used to
> address specific problems, it'd be a mess.

I was told that the "hack" everyone is referring to is already
implemented in several other operating systems, but I must confess
that my searches so far haven't turned up the expected evidence.  I
did find a rather useful `-u' flag to cp in Redhat 6.2 which FreeBSD
could probably stand to adopt, but other than that...  I may have to
reverse myself on this one if I can't find at least one other vendor
which has adopted -t.

- Jordan