On Sun, 06 May 2001 04:47:24 MST, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> What resource limits have you set?

While that's a reasonable question when you're in a support role, I'd
certainly like to hear whether "FreeBSD freezes on memory exhaustion" is
something people "should just live with" or whether it's symptomatic of
a bug that someone might one day want to fix but which folks should, for
now, protect themselves against using resource limits.

>From my recollection of past threads, it was my understanding that
having the operating system (though not all processes) "live through"
memory starvation was feasible.

Ciao,
Sheldon.