On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 07:02:32PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Matt Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >     This argument rears its head about once a year and usually turns into a
> >     huge flame war.
>
> Yes, I was going to mention that - search the archives for "memory
> overcommit" and you'll find most of what I've already said in this
> thread, and plenty I haven't.

A "Top UNIX Myths" page anyone?

Along the lines of:

"I have heard UNIX is the most secure OS! - No, unless you make it so and
bring up the necessary expertise and time investment..."
"I have heard you cannot crash a UNIX machine! - No, ..."

It would serve those people well who were only "educated" about UNIX-type
systems during MS vs anything else flamewars...

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University