On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 06:11:56AM +0200, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> > Question is, do we want to add this to our cp?
> please, what is the difference between this :
> > cp -Ruv mozilla mozilla-test
> and that :
> cd mozzila; find . | cpio -pdm ../mozzila-test

Lets try another realistic example:

    cp -uvp ab* cde*.f* g? h/*.i? j/kl   /m

What's the find | cpio invocation for that?  When you come up with it, it
will be very messy.  BTW, I don't consider my example contrived, I've
copied files like that before for backup purposes.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])