> This should be 60034905 = 3737*255*63

No, that value is correct, has to do with internals how sysctl calculates the
offsets, but that is an linux issue I am aware off

> This should be 59554/16/63 and you do not get all drive space.

As I mentioned, I am aware, that I do not get all drive space, but over 800MB
missing is too much.

> It seems your geometry is unmatched.  Is LBA enabled in the cmos bios?
>
> Rich
LBA is enabled by hand. My bios can auto dected all drive features, yet I
chose to setup everything by hand and explicitly enabled LBA after being told
to do so by several sources.

-d

Thank you for the quick answer
--