I wrote:

> Trying to fix some make release problems, I've kept running into the
> same freelist corruption problems that kris and dougb experienced
> earlier this week.  Main difference is that I notice when the box
> (-CURRENT from 29 May, GENERIC kernel, UP) crashes.  :-p

At dougb's urging, I applied Tor's patch to ffs_softdep.c.  I *think*
the results were positive; my machine made it through a "make release"
apparently successfully.

Got the following entries in /var/log/messages though:

May 30 20:10:10 bmah-freebsd-1 /boot/kernel/kernel: handle_written_filepage: active
pagedep
May 31 02:18:30 bmah-freebsd-1 /boot/kernel/kernel: handle_written_filepage: active
pagedep
May 31 02:18:30 bmah-freebsd-1 /boot/kernel/kernel: handle_written_filepage: active
pagedep

I guess it should be obvious by now but I have softupdates enabled for
all filesystems except for /.

Thanks,

Bruce.

PGP signature